Website Accessibility Information
At StreetShares, we strive to always ensure that our content follows the accessibility recommendations laid out by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). We are continuously trying to ensure that our content is ADA and WCAG compliant so that our entire audience can understand it.
To make your browsing experience as accessible as possible, we offer the following recommendations:
If at any time you’re having trouble reading any of our web pages, start with your computer. We offer these tips for optimizing your computer and browser to improve your online experience.
- Most computers have a setting that will read aloud any website page. If you need assistance, ask a friend or family member to set this up for you.
- You can navigate through web pages without a mouse. While some keystrokes may not work for every browser, most will.
- Increase the overall text size of your browser.
- If enlarging the text is not enough, you can also magnify your screen. This allows you to have extremely large text sizes.
- Change the color of your background or text. If the color contrast is decreasing text readability, you can change the color.
- Windows PCs allow you to make the mouse pointer more visible.
If you’re having trouble hearing the text-to-voice option or even online videos, you can increase the overall volume of your computer. All computers have volume controls for both the devices and the media players. Many of these controls are located right on the task bar or within the settings.
Websites that are ADA compliant will have a transcript for any audio track in a video. The captions will be displayed over the video, which makes it easier for people who are having a hard time hearing or are deaf to understand the content.
Contact Us to Learn More
Need additional assistance? Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. You can call us at (800) 560-1435 or fill out our convenient online form.